Welcome to Mistra SafeChem's programme conference 2021
The Mistra SafeChem programme started in June 2020 and now we can finally invite you to our first conference. We will meet in Stockholm at the end of November.
At the conference, we will present and discuss our results so far and our plans for the coming years. We will also show how we work to establish cooperation in the programme, both between different scientific disciplines and with the industry partners. The aim is to ensure a focus on safety and sustainability in chemical value chains.
Most importantly, we want to provide you with an opportunity to meet and discuss green and sustainable chemistry, establish new contacts and perhaps initiate a continued dialogue and cooperation with Mistra SafeChem.
A conference in two steps
On the first day of the conference, November 22 from 13 to 18 o'clock, all of you not involved in Mistra SafeChem are welcome to take part together with the participants of the programme.
The programme partners will then continue with an internal conference on November 23.
The conference will be held at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and is free of charge. Regstration is now closed.
Presentation of the Mistra SafeChem programme and some words from the board
- John Munthe, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute, Programme Director
- Hanna Holmquist, IVL, acting Programme Manager
- Krister Holmberg, Chalmers, Chairman of the Board
Green and sustainable chemistry: principles, history and an example of an educational program
Lennart Bergström, Stockholm University, Deputy Programme Director
Presentations from the work packages of Mistra SafeChem:
- Mistra SafeChem in silico tools and the principles of green chemistry
Ulf Norinder, Stockholm University, Principal investigator
- Nontarget mass spectrometry for proactive hazard identification
Jonathan Martin, Stockholm University, Principal investigator
- Enzyme engineering for green chemistry applications
Per-Olof Syrén, KTH, deputy WP-lead
- Development of safe and sustainable hydrogenation methods
Alejandro Valiente Sanchez, Stockholm University, PhD student
- A life cycle-based assessment toolbox to assess and improve safety and sustainability of chemicals
Anna-Karin Hellström, RISE-IVF, deputy WP-lead
- Bringing it all together in case studies, with an example on silicones in cosmetics
Dämien Johann Bolinius, IVL, WP-lead, and Lisa Skedung, RISE, deputy WP-lead
Coffee break including research student poster presentations
Panel discussion: How do we reach the Mistra SafeChem vision?
The vision of Mistra SafeChem is to enable and promote the expansion of a safe, sustainable and green chemical industry.
- Urban Boije af Gennäs, Swedish Chemicals Agency
- Nils Hannerz, IKEM
- Jerker Ligthart, ChemSec
- Ian Cotgreave, RISE, Deputy Programme Director in Mistra SafeChem
Mingle including research student poster presentations